Software Developer & Development Coach
I am a Software Developer that works on Desktop, Mobile, Database, and Web platforms to solve problems that drive revenue, increase service and reduce cost. I also leverage my experience to teach other developers the art and craft of programming.
I have experience in a large range of technical and business environments, from start-up to enterprise, embedded to big-iron, open-source to government agency. Whatever the problem, I can work with you to find a solution.
I bring the same attention to detail and big-picture thinking I use while developing code into developing teams. I love leading from the front, and teaching team members to think about how they can apply their strengths in unique ways.
I have a proven ability to teach and empower young programmers into mature, productive team-mates. I also enjoy swapping stories with other senior developers; the best teachers never stop learning.
- Rails (Since 1.2.2)
- Ruby (Since 1.8.6)
- CSS (SASS, LESS)
- Devops using Chef
Aha! Labs April 2015 - Present
I joined Aha to help develop the best product management software the world has ever seen.
- Moved entire infrastructure to AWS, this time using CloudFormation for turn-key multi-tenant deploy capability
CapLinked, Senior Developer January 2012 - April 2015
I joined CapLinked as their first Senior Developer to build a next-generation platform for raising capital and managing large business transactions.
- Moved entire infrastructure to AWS, using custom Chef scripts to automate deployment, provisioning, and decomissioning of all servers.
- Represented developers on the IT Security Group
JP Morgan Chase, Application Developer March 2011 - December 2011
I joined an existing project, and brought modern technology and methodology to bring a back-of-the-house business application into the 21st century.
- Made contributions to the User Experience of the application
- Provided ownership on crucial infrastructure upgrade for Ruby and Rails versions
- Optimized ETL processes for performance
- Closed several crucial security holes to achieve audit-compliance for the entire line of business.
InsuranceAgents.com, Senior Developer August 2009 - March 2011
I brought their back-of-the-house up to spec, increasing our revenue by millions of dollars.
- Designed and built and add-on product that not only increased revenue, but improved the service to our customers
- Developed an adaptive genetic algorithm to optimize for profitability
Ohio State University NETSEC, Developer August 2006 - August 2009
My first position as a developer, I cut my teeth as part of the security group for one of the biggest universities in the nation.
- Developed multiple tools to streamline the incident response process
- Audited Ohio State web properties for security flaws
- Built security applicances deployed throughout the university
- Responded to data breaches and other security incidents
The Ohio State University 2011
- Bachelors in Computer & Information Science
Westerville South High School
- National Honor Society President